Okay, it's a random post, but....
1. The Super Bowl!!!!!!!!!! I had a blast on Sunday at the AFC Championship game. It was so cool to see the ceremony after we won. I love the feeling of camaraderie and good will that happens in Pittsburgh when the entire city is excited. I cried the last time we won the Super Bowl...we'll see what happens this year!
2. Step/Aerobics Mix - I started taking this class at my University today b/c, let's face it, I desperately need to lose some lbs. A few of my friends are writing blogs about their weight loss journeys, and it's totally motivating me, which is great. Check them out: Mimi's World, Daily Chronicles of a Richmond Couch Potato, and Food, Sweat and Mirrors.
3. American Idol - I know, I know. I'm a sucker for reality TV, what can I say? I am one of the few people who actually hates the first few episodes, b/c I don't like watching them make fun of the poor singers. I mean, some of the people who try out that are bad genuinely think that they have talent, which leads me to believe that there is something wrong with them that they're trying out to begin with. But I get a thrill just seeing the previews. And I almost always agree with Simon.
4. Family & Friends - We had an outpouring of support at the viewing and funeral last weekend, and it was wonderful to see so many people were there for us. Knowing that we had people to turn to and to cry on really helped us get through everything.
5. White Merlot - I have been loving this wine lately. We had it on New Year's Eve, and I bought a bottle while I was at my parents' this weekend. I love it! It's made by Sutter Home and is the perfect combo - not too sweet nor too dry. I typically favor semi-dry reds, but this is a great compromise that I can share with my friends who like sweeter wines...everyone wins!
1. Cold - Brrr. This darn weather is really grating on my nerves. School was cancelled on Friday b/c the wind chill was below zero, and it was even colder on Saturday. The only good thing is that compared to these temps, the 32 degree weather during the game on Sunday actually felt balmy. But now it's back to being in the single digits, and I cannot wait until I move south and don't have to deal with this!
2. Step/Aerobics Mix - C'mon, do you think I got to this size b/c I like exercise? I hate it! When I lived in VA Beach, my friends and I would go to Step Aerobics and I actually didn't mind most of the classes that we had. Plus we all did it together. So I'm familiar with the steps and I know I won't make too big of a fool of myself. But our first class, today, was evidently the "For Dummies" edition. She walked us through the basic steps at 1/2 time and I barely worked up a sweat. And she cut the class early. Hopefully next week we'll get up to speed and I'll feel like I was effective!
3. My Laptop - it continues to be problematic. I finally was able to copy all of my pictures from Greece onto CDs so I think I'm going to ask my roommate to wipe everything off and reload the essentials. I just want to be able to write a lesson plan without worrying that it will shut down on me in the middle of typing and stay down for an hour. Grrr.
4. Weather - I'm so miserable about this cold, it deserves two spots on this list. I keep a case of water in my car so I can just grab a bottle out of the back to add to my lunch bag when I go to school instead of hauling the case up and down the stairs. But the water is frozen. And it remained frozen through lunch. I think I got two sips...the rest was ice. So now I have to haul the water out of my car. I know, I need the exercise...
5. Drama - Two of my dad's friends got into a nasty, nasty fight at the bar after the game and are now talking divorce. And there were four of us present during the fight, who witnessed the punch and the slap...and his embarrassment....and her bitchiness...is it too much to ask that you leave your drama at home? This situation is seriously tinging my AFC win afterglow...