Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Exciting News!

No, I didn't receive my student teaching assignment yet.

But - I did get a summer job! I applied online over a month ago for this program called SD. It's for academically-inclined high school students who take advanced courses over the summer at various college campuses around the country. They have a variety of programs and courses, and the duration is either 4 or 6 weeks.

I got a job as a Residence Counselor, so I'm basically going to be an RA on one of the campuses. The pay isn't fantastic, but the position includes all room and board, travel expenses to and from the campus, and entrance into any events I have to take the kids to. That could include museums, theme parks, concerts, movies, etc.

So where am I going to be? I told the person who interviewed me that I wasn't really particlar (after she said there were no openings in the International program), but that I'd love to go to California since I've never been. She told me that she had a stricter budget than usual due to the economy, but she'd see what she could do. She spoke with the director and e-mailed me that the director would love to have me at (drumroll, please...) UC Santa Barbara!!

It's a six week program, so I expect to be gone about 8 weeks (mid-June through mid-August). How cool is that??? I'm so excited! California, here I come!

4 comments:

Andi said...

Yeah!

Cupcake Blonde said...

And you'll be making a stop in Vegas, right? :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations!

Steelers Wine Girl said...

I would love to stop in Vegas!! I need to see if I'm able to extend my time before or after to be a tourist.